Sunday, March 16, 2008

Edmonton Bicycle Commuters


So after living here in Edmonton for almost nine months I finally headed over to the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters' shop BikeWorks. I regret fully that I did not do this in the first week I was in Edmonton. The shop is awesome, filled with 8 or 9 bike stands, all the tools you would ever need, and volunteer mechanics to show you how to do it if you don't know. If you're a member (membership is really a nominal fee) it only costs $2/hr to use the shop. They also have a huge amount of parts pulled off recycled bikes, and complete bikes for really great prices.
But beyond being a great resource for velo knowledge, the people are extremely nice and friendly, even to a preppy kid like me, showing up on a new shinny bike with freshly pressed dockers and Uni crested shirt. I have a feeling I'll be hanging out there fairly often in the future.
Check them out http://www.edmontonbikes.ca/

No comments: